Free School Meals
If your child is in Reception, Years 1 or 2, you will automatically be entitled for free meals under the new 'Universal Infant Free School Meals' criteria.
In other years, if you get any of the following support payments your child may still be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be entitled to receive free school meals.
If you have moved into the area, you will need to apply via the link below.
To find out more or apply, please visit the Benefits area on the Dudley Borough Council website
You can also contact Benefits Services on 01384 814988 or email@example.com